Unlocking the nutritional secrets of spices with AKAY!
Spices & Herbs are well-known for their health guarding effects and immunity boosting/protecting effects. Ayurveda, a way of life rather than a treatment modality, uses a number of GRAS-listed kitchen spices and herbs for the maintaining and guarding the health and well-being, in addition to its role in the prevention and treatment of diseases. However, the taste, aroma, pungency and solubility are issues. Here we introduce a range of traditional Indian spices and herbs and their uniquely standardized clean label extracts which may help in balancing the immunity & well-being (IMMUNOMODULATORY HERBALS), especially under the current scenario when consumers are seeking safe & natural alternatives for health.
To be healthy, body needs to have sufficient defences to fight infection- that is IMMUNITY.
HOW TO BOOST IMMUNITY NATURALLY…?
AKAY has adopted the most common immunity herbals in Ayurveda and developed ‘Value-added Uniquely Standardized Extracts’ (V-USE extractsTM) employing the patented NUTRISPICE® process to secure the bioactive principles in a BIO-EFFICIENT manner suitable for the 3D-printing of food/beverages and Capsules/tablets.
NATURAL, TASTY, SAFE, COST-EFFECTIVE & REGULATION-FRIENDLY…!
NUTRITIONAL EXTRACT OF TINOSPORA CORDIFOLIA
Though the extracts with 2.5% bitters are known, TinoVIN is standardized for 5 to 10% Bitters with high glycoside content
•Tinospora cordifolia is known to promote longevity, memory, & immunity in traditional systems. It has been reported to support liver health, blood sugar, and provides support to arthritic conditions due to its anti-inflammatory effect. It is known as ‘Amruthu’ or Gudchi and contains tinosporine, tinosporide, tinosporaside, cordifolide, cordifol, heptacosanol, clerodane furano diterpene, diterpenoid furano lactone, tinosporidine, columbin, and b-sitosterol.
• Use in the treatment of wounds, pneumonia, asthma and cough.
• Activate immune system and the body resistance against infections by stimulating IgG antibodies and macrophages.
|Ingredients||Natural extract of Guduchi (Tinospora cordifolia)|
|Description||Light to dark greenish brown* free flowing powder|
|Bitters content||NLT 5% by Gravimetric|
|Solvent used||Water Extract|
USP STANDARDIZED ASHWAGANDHA EXTRACT
AshwaBEST™ is the uniquely standardized ashwagandha extract based on USP method of analysis to make sure the correct & efficient dosage of withanolides and withano glycosides in small dosage like 100 or 150 mg x 2/day. Many aswagandha extracts were shown to provide low withnolides (even as low as 50 times) against their label claims and is adulterated with leaves though claims as root only extracts.
• Aswagandha is famous as an Ayurvedic adaptogen that helps the body to cope up with stress and anxiety by modulating cortisol levels and hence promting good sleep, and energy.
• Improves the body’s defense against disease by enhancing the cell-mediated immunity.
• Promote natural killer cell activity thereby helping to fight against infections.
• A vitalize that can pump energy and vitality to fight against chronic fatigue syndromes and androgen-deficiency
• Aswagandha is known to treat fertility issues and is aphrodisiac/enhances libido
|Ingredients||Natural extract of Ashwagandha (Withania Somnifera)|
|Description||Light to dark brown* free flowing powder|
|Withanolides content||NLT 2.5% by HPLC|
|Solvent used||Ethanol/Water(roots or roots+leaf as per customer choice)|
STANDARDIZED LONG PEPPER EXTRACT
One of the best long pepper extract correctly derived by Pharmacognzy principles and DNA authentication. Unique among the available extracts in the marketplace with 10% piperine conten.
• Long pepper contains piperine, chavicine, isochavicine, isopiperine and piperanine.
• Possess anti-oxidant, anti-fungal, anti-amoebic, anti-microbial, anti-asthmatic, analgesic, anti-inflammatory activities.
• Act as antagonist in respiratory depression by stimulating the respiratory system.
• Activate macrophages and thereby increase phagocytic activity.
• Known to reduce the Reactive oxygen species (ROS) and provide anticancer effects with significant NK cells activity
• A popular ingredient in Ayurveda to enhance the bioavailability of nutrients, detoxification, hepatoprotection and to recondition the body to respond to herbal drugs
|Ingredients||Natural extract of Long Pepper (Piper retrofractum)|
|Description||Light brown free flowing powder|
|Piperine content||NLT 10% by HPLC|
ANTIOXIDANT RICH SESAME OIL
SesaMAX is S3-complex-rich sesame oil prepared by a proprietary supercritical process. The three key antioxidants sesamin, sesamolin and sesamol are collectively called S3-complexTM.
• Contains sesamol, sesamolin and sesaminol (S3-complex).
• Possess high levels of antioxidants including unsaturated fatty acids, mainly oleic and linoleic, lignans, and phytosterol.
• Modulate the pro-inflammatory function of macrophages and dendritic cells and promote Th2 response to boost immunity
• Sesamine consumption is known to improve skin health (beauty within) by reducing the dryness, itching and wrinkles and increases the hydration and glow
• Sesamine antioxidants (S3-complex) can also support to balance lipid profile
|Ingredients||Natural extract of Black sesame (Sesamum indicum)|
|Description||Light brown to brown* Slightly viscous liquid|
|Total sesamin content||NLT 10% by HPLC|
EXTRACT FROM FRESH AMLA FRUIT
Usually, Amla is dried and extracted with water or ethanol/water to produce cheap extracts standardized for tannins. During this process, the bioactive gallates in amla undergo polymerization and it becomes complex and not bioavailable. It also destroys many of its natural goodness such as Vitamin C content. AmlaFRESH is a solution to these problems to tune or help your immunity & metabolism.
• Contains high amounts of ascorbic acid, ellagitannins, punicafolin, phyllanemblin, flavonoids, ellagic acid and gallic acid.
• Rich in anti-oxidants, helps to detox the system, and digestive functions.
• Beneficial in the treatment of respiratory disorders, tuberculosis of lungs, asthma and bronchitis.
• Supports and boosts the natural immunity via regulating IL-2 and gamma-IFN production
• Bioavailable gallates in Fresh amla juice has been shown to convert to vitamin C in vivo
• Fresh turmeric?Fresh Amla combination is an Ayurvedic rejuvenator for metabolism, energy, cognition and immunity
|Ingredients||Natural extract of Amla (Emblica officinalis)|
|Description||Off white to creamish white Free flowing powder|
|Ascorbic acid content||NLT 1% by HPLC|
|Solvent used||No Solvents|
FRESH TURMERIC DERIVED JUICE POWDER
Derived from fresh turmeric juice powder for the first time and clinically proven for High bioavailability of FREE curcuminoids (40X) (JFF 2015).
• Fresh turmeric is the one described in Ayurveda for immunity and well-being. Since its collection, storage and process is difficult, modern science adopted to drying and solvent extraction to get curcumin. Herefor the first time, we developed CurcuFRESH….the complete turmeric matrix- curcumin with high bioavailability by a solvent free process.
• Boost up the immunity and helps to fight against viral replication.
• Helps to regulate the hypersensitivity reactions of immune systems by controlling the release of pro-inflammatory cytokines (e.g., TNF, IL-1, IL-2, IL-6, IL-8, and IL-12) and pro-inflammatory enzymes (e.g., COX, LOX, MMPs, and NOS) through NF-κB inhibition.
• Modulate the activation of T cells, B cells, macrophages, neutrophils, natural killer cells, and dendritic cells.
• Possess prebiotic properties that regulate gut microbiota and support the gut-immune connection.
|Ingredients||Natural extract of turmeric (Curcuma Longa)|
|Description||Brownish yellow free flowing powder|
|Total Curcuminoids content||NLT 4% by HPLC|
|Solvent used||No solvents used|
6-GINGEROL RICH GINGER EXTRACT
Gingerol present in ginger extract has shown support to digestion, reduce nausea to fight common cold, boost immunomodulatory genes and supports microcirculation and cardiac health. Ginginoll® is Gingerol-rich extracts (5 to 50%) in water soluble/dispersible grade for functional applications and can be used in tea, beverage, juices, gummies etc.
• Possess strong antioxidant, anti-inflammatory, decongestant, anti-viral, anti-parasitic and anti-microbial (both antibiotic as well as antiseptic) properties.
• Helps with respiratory problems, eases asthma symptoms, inhibits production of cytokines which cause pain and swelling, recover humoral immune response, combats chills and fever.
• Supports healthy inflammatory response and upregulate anti-inflammatory cytokines
• Supports microcirculation and cardiac health
• Supports digestion and healthy metabolism
• Promotes thermogenesis
|Ingredients||Natural extract of ginger (Zingiber officinale)|
|Description||Brownish yellow powder|
|Total Gingerols 6-gingerols||NLT 6% by HPLC
NLT 5% by HPLC
|Solvent used||CO2 extracted|